12 Exercises of Christmas
Turn up the holiday playlist, put on your ugly Christmas sweater, and get to moving! Staying active is always important to incorporate in your every day life, but is even more important during the holidays! Physical activity increases energy, boosts mood, reduces risk of disease, relieves stress, burns calories, and improves our overall quality of health!
Try out this fun “12 Days of Christmas” themed workout!
How many rounds will you do?
- 12 Air Squats
- 11 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Lunges
- 9 Glute Bridges (keep that core tight!)
- 8 Standing Knee to Elbow (each side)
- 7 Inchworms
- 6 Mountain Climbers (each leg)
- 5 Russian Twists (each side)
- 4 Leg Raises
- 3 Plank Jacks
- 2 30 second Planks (you can do them on your elbows or extended)
- 1 10 minute walk to cool down!
Happy Holidays from Healthy Parks Healthy Person to YOU! We are grateful to have such a supportive and interactive community of people that value the importance of getting active in nature to better one’s own health, as well as Tennessee’s health.